The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scream Lite Records

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve

Steve

Scream Lite Records Empty
PostSubject: Scream Lite Records   Scream Lite Records I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:45 am

These guys have left us a comment on myspace, might be nothing but you still might wanna check just to make sure, they're based in Bristol and seem to be on the lookout for bands to help along the way
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Scream Lite Records   Scream Lite Records I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:16 am

roger that good buddy

cheers
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Scream Lite Records   Scream Lite Records I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:13 pm

got a review from these guys which is average i suppose, think we should all discuss what we want to include in a press pack so i'll start a thread shortly, but read the review below and take their feedback and see where we can improve it:

SCREAMLITE RECORDS LTD REVIEW FORM

Band Name: Area

CD Title: She’s Dreaming Sampler

Press Pack Included: Yes

Review: To start with, the press pack was short and uninspired. It did include the bare facts but there was no elaboration on key elements such as what TV shows they had been on and it did not include any reviews or extracts from reviews. This means that we would have difficulty deciding between them and any other band coming to us. It would have been nice to hear a bit more about where the band had played instead of a ball park figure of UK gigs. However, having said that, it did include some of the vital aspects such as a picture of the band and contact details. This would mean that if they were looking to play in the area, we would have no problem asking them.

The band decided to include one song as a teaser for their EP “She’s Dreaming” which is a bold move, showing that Area are a band who are very confident in their abilities. The track that they included (“She’s Not Sorry”) is a good indie number, borrowing heavily from other forerunners in their locality such as the seemingly evergreen Arctic Monkeys and Little Man Tate. This is the kind of track that would fit easily into an indie club playlist but would be confused with the other aforementioned bands. The recording itself is superlative, this could be in the shops without any worries and it could be said that it would be a better recording than some more notable acts. However, as a demonstration of their sound and overall goal it may have been wise to include one or two more numbers, and maybe a demonstration of a different sound dynamic which could possibly set them apart from other bands in their area.

All in all, a good little number from Area (something which has led The Holloways & Red Stripe Music Awards to show faith in them) which would validate their confidence. However, it would have been nice to see a little more on the page and a track or two more to demonstrate their potential and dynamics.
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Scream Lite Records   Scream Lite Records I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:07 am

the reason why the press sheet is a little sketchy is because most of the history is with the previous line up. As for them wanting to know more of the venues that we have played - why ?

I will message them back with a bit more info

but lets have a look at it and see if it can be improved

" you there matti ? "
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Scream Lite Records   Scream Lite Records I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:17 am

i'm thinking that we should include some bands that we've played with, doesn't matter if it was with the old line-up or not i don't think cos they're not gonna know lol maybe include Hoosiers, Just Jack, Ladyhawke and Holloways, they're probably the credible ones unless you can think of anymore?
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Scream Lite Records   Scream Lite Records I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:35 am

it does say all tha steve , i sent them some info regarding gigs based upon what they asked for on their page, it doesnt say they will review the bio lol,,,, now they are saying that they want to start a review section and want to add their review of our gig application lol,,, i will message them and give them the full bollocks and send them a ep not an mp3 , then they can do a proper review...

this is what i replied to from their page

-------

ScreamLite Records will be hosting gigs from time to time and we could be called upon by another promoter. Therefore, we will need a large catalogue of bands willing to play at long and possibly short term notice. So, if you would like to be considered for any available spots, please fill in the below form:

BAND NAME

HOMETOWN

MEMBERS NAMES (1 contact name will be fine)

WHAT IS THE SET UP (How many instruments etc)

AVAILABILITY (Any time, particular days etc)

ALTERNATIVE CONTACTS (Mobile/Email)

WEBSITE URLS

GENRE

Arrow SHORT BIO

NEXT 4 GIGS (So we can get an idea of who we can put you with) ---- no idea what this ment ???

this is what i sent them

Hiya

My name is John and I work with a band called area. www.areamusic.co.uk

Please have a read of the attached bio and a listen to the attached song.

The band are available for bookings so please come back to me with your thoughts regarding playing at your events.

Also, the band have self released their first 3 song EP , if you like the attached song and want to hear the other 2, and you like what you hear and are interested in putting it out under your label, please get back to me....

Many thanks

regards

john shield
area
01302 750742
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Scream Lite Records   Scream Lite Records I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:43 am

my message back to them

hiya, ta for getting back to me its really appreciated, the info sent to you was in response to the gig application that you have on your page where you ask for a short bio.

What I sent you is what I send out to promoters to give a brief message about the band and a flavour of their music.

If you want to review the band and their songs we would be really greatfull as all feedback is taken on board - good or bad... so if its ok with you I would like to send you down a more detailed bio of the band and follow that up with the bands EP.

If your ok with this can you please give me an address to send the Ep to and i will get it over to you in the next few days....

best regards and thanks for taking the time to get back to us.

John
manager
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Scream Lite Records   Scream Lite Records I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:50 am

ha ha ok they seem like idiots lol, bloody amateurs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scream Lite Records   Scream Lite Records I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scream Lite Records
Page 1 of 1