The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Press Pack Details

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve

Steve

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:24 pm

From the review:

1) Why is the CD called She's Dreaming when it's called She's Not Sorry?

2) We need to get a couple of reviews from somewhere, maybe get one from Matt at Monkey Rocks, they seemed to enjoy the stuff and maybe that John Booth from Yorkshire Music Scene, Ian Hodgson from BBC Radio Sheffield or anyyone else you can think of

3) Include that "we have" been on that sub.tv and that bbc sound, maybe include playing on BBC Radio Sheffield too

4) Include a different track with She's Not Sorry, maybe Bad Girl or Too Late To Escape

just my thoughts

albino
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 pm

I'm down with that steve. May alwell put both Bad Girl and Too Late on, not just one.
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:29 pm

yeah true, have you read the review from Scream Lite Records?
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Yeah mate, it's ok. Very constructive and there are a few things that we need to change.
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:33 pm

indeed, constructive criticism lol
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 3:04 pm

ye. sounds gud. shud deffo get bad girl and too late on. see what appens this weekend tho. j
Back to top Go down
john

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:24 am

what i sent them was a brief about the band and to ask for gigs not for them to review the single page bio lol, most promoters dont want a full life history they just need bullet points, i include 1 song because they just need to get a flavour of the band, not sure how she's not sorry sound like the arctic moinkeys ? maybe its just the yorkshire accents, maybe you should all start speaking goolish .......

regarding the name of the ep it was my idea cos i was asked for one and i made it up, whats wrong with she's a dreamer ? it makes scense and it has a female ring to it and it combines the names of 2 of the songs... i was gonna call it "she's always dreaming and thinking about locks on blue doors" but thought that might be too long, but we can call it that if you want - what do you think liam, i mean matti
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:30 am

those stupid bastards ha ha! I don't think it sounds like monkeys at all, it's just cos we're from the same area and are the same style of music

i think calling it she's not sorry is just right cos it's the title track, think that she's a dreamer looks like we're trying to be clever by combining two of the track name, which makes us look as though we can't be arsed to come up with owt etc if you get me
Back to top Go down
john

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:46 am

i would have thought that by just calling it the title track shows we cant be arsed to come up wioth owt, where as combining the names of 2 tracks sort of shows we have thought about it at least a little bit.... but its no great shakes either way...
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:51 am

i know lol it just confuses me
Back to top Go down
matthew

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:17 pm

im lookin forward to gettin bad girl, too late to escape and northern nights as an ep, either online or hard copy. either or. be a good cd that, if all the songs turn out proper from g2
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Yeah, that would be mint to have them on. We'll have to see how this new "fifa" tune works out as well, see if that makes the cut, i think it will. Chorus's will be big in that tune, just what the doctor ordered.
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:47 pm

make it a 4 track EP, why the fuck not i hear you all say
Back to top Go down
john

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:03 am

matthew wrote:
im lookin forward to gettin bad girl, too late to escape and northern nights as an ep, either online or hard copy. either or. be a good cd that, if all the songs turn out proper from g2

me too , start saving your pennies to throw into the pot for getting the whole job paid for, that way it might inspire everyone (exept steves mum and dad cos they have sold loads ) to start selling the music, on line, to mates, at gigs etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Press Pack Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Pack Details   Press Pack Details I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Press Pack Details
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Unit :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: