The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

everything G2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
john

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:25 am

tomorrow , thursday 28th jan.... need to be at studio for 12 noon... so I will pick steve and matti up from either the station or the unit at 11am - let me know whats besst for you 2

we need to take guitars, and amps...

if you all need to eat food lets be there at 11.15 so you can eat, piss and be ready for 12.. if thats the case then I will pick you up at 10.30 , let me know whats what!!!!

lee are you gonna be there as well ???

matti let me know you have read this message

jamie, i will make sure you know about it when I tuck you in tonight and finish that story off about those bears and shit
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:30 am

i can be in donny for 10 if you want us there early, or if not i can be in donny for 11?
Back to top Go down
john

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:52 am

Steve wrote:
i can be in donny for 10 if you want us there early, or if not i can be in donny for 11?

speak to matti and jamie and say are we gonna eat, if so we need to be there at 11am, if we aint gonna eat then we can get there at 11.30 ish, but lets not get there at 11.45, then eat, piss, shit, go to garage etc and start about 1.30,

so let me know, i will pick up the amps and ledals today maybe so we dont need to do it tmorrow

speak to the others
Back to top Go down
Jamie

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:20 am

john has been feeding me bands to listen to for inspiration. He is not saying to go down the routs of these bands, but i think that there are many influences in this band which could expand our music a lot by taking some of the ideas and sounds and techniques to change it up a bit. it will definately make our stuff more interesting. heres the bands..... hit up spotify:

white rabbits
Battles
Grizzly Bear
mogwai

it might not be your cup of tea, but there are good drums beats and basslines and progression ideas, and its looking much deeper then commercial music. we could take ideas from these underground hipster bands and convert them in to a more commercial sound.

j
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Sweet, i'll check em out. That battles sounds mad tho.
Back to top Go down
Jamie

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:27 am

i know they are. but give em a listen. drums and stuff sound top and like its interesting. its not the sorta thing ya can boogie to, but its the perfect place to steal from. coz no one will ever make the comparison.
j
Back to top Go down
matthew

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:45 am

ima check some of that shit dude! sunny
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:08 am

grizzly bears have got a tune for free download on their site, vocals remind of MGMT and them white rabbits are sound
Back to top Go down
john

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:13 am

anyone heard from g2.... i txt last week and asked them to give me the best dates this week for rehearsals at their place, i said thursday, friday day / night or any other night, but nothing back as yet ???
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:16 pm

What's going on with G2. When we going back to sort out the vox?
Back to top Go down
Jamie

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:38 am

They mentioned about just gettin me in for the first day of vocals because i am assuming they are gunna require me to do stuff that may be a bit odd or embarassing haha. They said something like that though but i will keep all informed.

J
Back to top Go down
john

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:14 am

i have text them and left a voice mail
Back to top Go down
Jamie

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:52 am

they will get in touch. dont wurry. they r doing a mix of what we have first. i dnt need to be recording vocals at minit anyway coz i have a cold.

J
Back to top Go down
john

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:20 am

email from g2 below....... sunday hopefully is good for everyone for rehearsal at g2, dont needs drums just cymbal and snare, then vox for the track asap, maybe do some on sunday if time, if not no sweat...

email from g2 below

Hi. Yeah, I thought I'd replied about a practise. Not sure why you've not received that. Quite possibly an outbox problem at our end. It seems to either send loads or nowt.

I'm away again from Thursday but if the boys can do this Sunday, that'd be perfect for me as I'm around in the afternoon (from about 3pm) Alternatively, next week every day besides wed. Or tuesday anytime from around 5-8.

Also, if Jamie can get over anytime in the day next week, I'm pretty free for most of it. Be good to get the vocals down.

John.
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:18 pm

i'd prefer not to do sunday, it's valentines day and i have plans i'm afraid, but any time next week would be better really, so i send my apologies
Back to top Go down
john

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:12 pm

monday at g2 at 2pm spread the word,,, we will leave the unit at about 12.30 then you can get some snap at the cafe.......

we dont need drums just cymbals snare pedal, we will take amps,,,,, this is like a showcase for john and his mate, so you need to nail the set and the backing vox before monday. you will be doing a full set, start to finish, 8 or 9 songs just like its a gig.... practise and practise so they are megga impressed and think fook me we want to be part of this....

crack on

everyone read this and leave a message here that you have read it
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:36 pm

me read
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Read, i'll book it off work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
john

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:24 am

matti obviously dont come on here...... you all need to speak to him about it and ask him how interested he is
Back to top Go down
Jamie

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:01 am

The forum isnt the be all and end all. He is interested enuf to buy a huge amp for 2 grand.

Am all gud for recording.

J
Back to top Go down
matthew

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 am

innit! i am interested, just not the cyber kinda guy! i like to peel real potatoes, not virtual ones!

i got ya text anyways! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

everything G2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything G2   everything G2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

everything G2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Unit :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: