The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

--Reviews--

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve

Steve

--Reviews-- Empty
PostSubject: --Reviews--   --Reviews-- I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 am

From Beatlebabe/Midlands Music Maniacs

''Too Late To Escape' has got me visualising hittting some speed up the M1 to Doncaster where Area call home. This four-piece is competing in the Red Stripe Music Awards with no nonsense, indie rock - bolshie anthems like 'Magazine Dreamer' and 'All Dressed Up' to simpler, strings included tracks like "The Company Of Familiar Strangers', Jamie Shield, has also hit the sweet spot with the over-emphasised Brit accent as employed by indie god, Arctic Monkey Alex Turner.'
Back to top Go down
Jamie

--Reviews-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: --Reviews--   --Reviews-- I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:15 am

its a good en that. shame about the direct link to alex turner ha... but behind closed doors its hardly an offence.
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

--Reviews-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: --Reviews--   --Reviews-- I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:38 am

exactly, reference to monkeys isn't always a bad thing
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

--Reviews-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: --Reviews--   --Reviews-- I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:14 pm

Yeah that's a really good review. I think we're always gonna be painted with the "arctic monkeys" brush. I think if it's possible to we should try and tone the "Brit" accent down a little, i'm not saying singing in an American accent or any shit like that, but just like, less regional. Easier said than done tho. Still a mint review that we can take pride in and possibly use snippets from.
Back to top Go down
matthew

--Reviews-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: --Reviews--   --Reviews-- I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:45 am

yea it sound nd that! fuckin hell tho, this arctic monkeys thing just needs to go away. if we hada image like horrors or sumert like that, people wouldnt say were like arctic monkeys i dont think.
Back to top Go down
john

--Reviews-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: --Reviews--   --Reviews-- I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:59 am

matthew wrote:
yea it sound nd that! fuckin hell tho, this arctic monkeys thing just needs to go away. if we hada image like horrors or sumert like that, people wouldnt say were like arctic monkeys i dont think.

they would say your like the horrors ????

if your sounding like the monkeys that cant be bad all you need to do is tweak it a little bit, thats where the work come is .....

who gave them the song for review or where did we find the review ??? I can feel a gig in brum coming on on the back of this review

this should inspire you all to be working your balls off to make this happen
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

--Reviews-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: --Reviews--   --Reviews-- I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:35 am

i think it was you, they've got us on their player and everything, on myspace called Midland Music Maniacs or sumat
Back to top Go down
john

--Reviews-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: --Reviews--   --Reviews-- I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:31 pm

oh yeh them from birminham
Back to top Go down
Jamie

--Reviews-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: --Reviews--   --Reviews-- I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:53 pm

i hope the horrors thing was just an example. i cnt b taken seriously in life dressing like them lunatics.

but image is an issue. we dress to lad rocky when we dnt wanna b so narrow. The review is gud tho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

--Reviews-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: --Reviews--   --Reviews-- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

--Reviews--
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Unit :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: