The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good Opportunity

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve

Steve

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Message from Midland Music Maniacs on Myspace:

Gotta tell ya, we are Lovin Area here at MMM
I have a mate Steven @ Band in a Box, who's currently setting up an event that they're taking up and down the country have a ganders at the blogs on www.myspace.com/keyholeproductions. Its gonna be huge, the venues will be 500 capacity and they'll be plenty of scope for exposure and networking. Can see you're already on their mates list, if its summat you'd be interested in let em know, i've already battered his earholes tellin him how fookin mint you are Wink
Have a tip top weekend
Della MMM
Back to top Go down
john

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:33 pm

on wioth it, emailed him the bio and track, he luvs it and asked some questions that i will answer tomorrow

the midland music thingy luvs ya so we need to be real nice to them cos i think they will be up for helping us along

got some radio stations from them that i am in touch with
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Yeah they are sound they had a hand in that reveiw
Back to top Go down
john

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:05 pm

This is the convo I have had with the contact from the midlands music site,,,,, have a read and let me klnow what you think,,, the bit about getting 500 views in a week is something that if we say we are going to do it then we HAVE to do it, cos if we show him that we deliver what we say then the cred goes way up ...... so we ALL have to be on the case and no wank excuses !!!!!

notice i call him steven and not steve, thats because he calls himself steven, always watch out for things like that, it means fuck all to our steven to be called steve for example, but to some people it means loads, so remember if you ever have any contact with him to call him steven, in fact I have just realised he is probably swedish or something like that and his name is stevan ( stefan ) or maybe not ? and that is how his name is spelt , with a v and not a ph as in stephan, steve how the fook do you spell stevan ?????

Hiya Steven , info attached with my contact details and a track

Let me know what you think or if you need any more music sent over .....

Regards

John

Hi John, brilliant song mate, very catchy with a great chorus where the vox really stand out. Love the band biog aswell, very simple but with everything you need and you have supported some really impressive bands there as well. So it says your situated in Yorkshire mate, where exactly so i would know what event to be looking at maybe getting you on? Im currently working towards an event in Sheffield and one in the Midlands ( Coventry/Birmingham ). Do you have any footage on youtube? If so hows the veiws going? Hows your play count doing on myspace? Loads of questions i know mate but it just helps me build a better picture of what we may be able to do for you.

All the best,

Steven

Thanks for getting back to me steven and pleased you like the music, regarding you tube vids, we took most of nthem down to be honest because they were all sort of out of date, if you can give me an address to send some vids to I will include the bands latest ep as well so you can have a good listen etc...

regarding myspace, we have about 440000 song plays, and 440000 views , so most of the pays are genuine and not racked up from some cyberbot..... we are from doncaster which is close to sheffield but we are up for playing anywhere, we have played birmingham barfly a few times over the past 5 years and had a decent little following down there...

if you fancy coming over the the moho gig in manchester on the 17th feb let me know.

Let me know if you need any more info etc.

regards
john

Cheers John. I want u to go to www.bandinabox.tv and check our profile interviews of ian prowse and stephen langstaff and let me know what u think. If I could arrange to get your band one for free what would u say to that? In return I would want u to push and promote it hard to get 500 views within the first 7 days which helps me justify to my boss that we should do it for free. If u didn't get 500 views there is no charge, nothing sinister just means I get in shit and flipped on, something that has never happened and I don't intend to start now lol. Think it over, u help me get the views and you have a promo tool worth a few bob and a nice featured article on our page for 7 days mate. I'm just sounding u out John, no promises but I respect your work and you were recommended by Della and I trust her judgment. When she tells me about a band I always listen!

With respect John

Steven
Sent from my BlackBerry®️ wireless device
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:19 pm

yeah all sounds spot on, and 500 views i think we could do, i'd click on it 500 times myself to make sure (if that works) lol
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Yeah i'm down with that. I'll click on 500 times too so that makes at least 1000.
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:33 am

ha. i will click 500 times aswell to get 1500 views..... now for matti!!!

J
Back to top Go down
john

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:15 am

matti doesnt come on here, he is too busy in the studio recording his mate........
Back to top Go down
john

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:32 am

have you all seen the interview ....... so what do we think, it looks mint to me so if we do it we dont want to waste it, we ALL have to be on the case, words means fook all its action that will be needed, we will have to get everyone on facebook, myspace, mates, college mates etc to go and check the interview etc, it might mean that they have to register to the site to see the interview, they must want something out of it not just that easy to sit there clicking 500 times, we need to get people on to it....

so what would you wear for the interview, can you see they need pics as well....

we need the name change so it can be mentioned in the interview,,, if you listen to the interview of http://creativerez.com/ianprowse/ you can see that he does all the talking, so you all need to get your shit together with this so we dont waste it....
Back to top Go down
john

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:44 pm

reply below etc from steven regarding the interview... you all need to watch the interview vid so you know whats expected cos the "i'tl be rate " attitude wont work with people and they will see right through it and find an unprepared band etc then they will say ta ta been nice knowing ya !!!

Hi John, sorry for the late reply if your chilling out. I can confirm we would like to do the featured profile video for the band mate. Would the band be o.k to come to Liverpool as our studio is based here. If you could let me know if there are any particular days you can do John. We are generally available on weekdays ( unless stated in advance ) and can do some Saturday afternoons. Kris was really impressed with your music and the popularity of you on myspace, always a good indicator of a hard working band.

Let me know anyways regarding dates available

All the best

Steven

Hiya Steven, no probs coming over to liverpool,,,, l will get back to you with some suggested dates that work for us.

Really glad you all like the music, there is better stuff coming through in the near future.. do you have a contact number so I can give you a quick call for a chat.

regards
John
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:35 pm

don't need to sign up or owt to watch the videos it goes up on youtube unless they are planning something different with us??? as with the videos on their page you can watch em straight away

are we goona know what we're gonna be asked etc before hand?
Back to top Go down
john

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:45 pm

i am gonna give him a call and get the feel of the interview but what i see is that its not a question and answer thingy so you all have to interact with each other about things and look like there is a stong bond and that you are all on the same page, so thought needed as in what to chat about
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:47 am

we should have a meeting about this because we dont want people talking bullshit and like speeking as if they are scared or owt. we need it to just seem like were meant to be there. i have no problem talking. talking is pretty easy, av bin doin it for about 18 years.

J
Back to top Go down
john

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:06 am

its not about talking its about what you are talking about and saying, thats where there needs to be some sort of plan..... if you plan to say nowt, you will say nowt... as i said look at the interviews that have been done to get a flavour of what is needed.....
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:08 am

Another helpful message from MMM

Just a thought, i'm goin to a gig this friday at a place called 'The Public' in West Bromwich, its a state of the art music venue in that students get involved in booking bands/lighting/sound engineering etc etc as part of their degree course.
Thing is, they do live streaming of all the gigs, which would give your audience (an fans that have never seen you play live before) a little teaser/taster of what to expect. Its a fantastic concept and one which is deffo the way things are heading. Like you could have fans in America/europe anywhere basically and they'd get to see you live on the nite through a link.
Also they regularly have guest Dj's from Kerrang doin sets and hanging about again fantastic exposure.
Have a chat with Mark @ www.myspace.com/captured.music
Della MMM
Back to top Go down
john

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:31 am

been in touch,, waiting for reply
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Opportunity   Good Opportunity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Opportunity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Unit :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: