The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Laura's interest

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
john

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Email sent to Laura

Hiya Laura, its John here, its really good to hear from you again,,,,,

I hope all is going well for you at Clintons, they are obviously one of the law companies to be with in the music biz, so good luck with everything.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for what you did for the band at Shalits, we all learnt a lot about the music biz and made some very useful contacts along the way. It was a great learning curve for everyone and the band have come out of it, bigger, better , wiser, more experienced and even more determined to make it..

Regarding the band, matti said you asked him to organise a couple of tracks to be sent over to you, which is great - thanks for the interest again.

I would like to just bring you up to speed with a few things. The band as you said to matti have developed a more grown up sound, and people are saying they have got their own sound which is obviously what they are aiming for. We have released a 3 song EP which we sell / give away at gigs etc and I would like to send it down to you just so you can get a feel for what we are up to.

The band have their own rehearsal and recording studio in Doncaster called The Unit which allows them rehearse often and work on new and existing songs. Because of this they are one of the tightest bands around, and I am Mr Critical, so for me to make that statement says a lot. I would put the band on any gig, anywhere in front of anyone and know they were going to deliver.

Most of the songs that are up on myspace are all recordings done by the band at The Unit

We were approached by a producer from Sheffield at the end of last year who wanted to work with the band ( for free ), he worked on some early Arctic Monkeys songs ( not that AREA want to be an Arctic Monkeys band ), he really likes the songs and the band have had a few sessions with him and everything sounds great.

So if it is ok with you I would like to send over a couple of mp3's what the band have self recorded just so you get a feel of whats there already and then follow it up in a few weeks with a couple of the songs that they are working on with the producer.

Also as I said earlier I would like to send you down the EP as well so let me know where I should send it to please.

Its a long shot, but the band are supporting The Holloways in Sheffield at the Leadmill on Saturday night, its a venue 100 meters from the train station. Its a great venue where all the touring bands play. If you want to catch them live we are just under 2 hours away.
You could be up here and back in a bar in London having a Mojito by midnight.

Once again Laura, a massive thanks for the faith you had in the band before, and hopefully you will like what you hear and see this time round and maybe things can move forward...

Best regards
John and the band

Larura Reply

Hi John

Thanks for your email and the update.

I'm glad that the band were strengthened from the experience with Shalit; it's a very tough industry so that's a good attitude to have. Unfortunately development deals are very rare so there's never much time or money available to develop artists. Everything is so fast-paced that we're all just looking for a complete 'product' with a killer first single, two follow-ups and an album well on it's way. I'm interested in hearing where a few years have taken the group musically.

Yes do send over a couple of mp3s and the EP; I'd like to hear just their strongest tracks please and those that are in their most complete form. I'm based in Covent Garden at 55 Drury Lane, Covent Garden, London WC2B 5RZ. Who is the producer that the band are working with?

No can do this weekend I'm afraid as my sister is filming Sport Relief and I said I'd go along. I hope the gig goes well.

All best

L
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:46 pm

That's mint. I think we deffo have the songs for singles (Bad Girl, She's Not Sorry, Too Late, possibly Northern Nights) and we have enough in the bag to do an album and we're always writing so new things will be popping up. I think we are a complete "product" and hopefully she'll see/hear this. Shame she can't make it down to the leadmill but never mind.
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:58 am

yeah what lee said
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:13 am

next week we need to get sum good hours in with writing brand new stuff. i am avin a day alone today to just bring miself back into the swing of lyrics. I sometimes find it easier to b in a room alone to come up with melodies. I will record sum stuff today and post it up on here later on this evening!!!!

Very positive thing, in fact probably the most positive thing to have happened yet with this line-up. if we can get a few mint tracks to her with a good album to back it up we may be laughing!!!

here is album (no order)

weekend warriors
fire in the city
nowhere to go
shes not sorry
magazine dreamer
blue door
bad girl
northern nights
too late to escape
fifa tune
hypnotize
(any new ideas yet to come)

its not like it wud be a shit album either!!!!
Back to top Go down
john

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:44 am

a complete product in the industries eyes also means the band has a decent size fanbase, that is why we need everyone driving this forward and bringing people on board, there are loads of great bands out there with great songs, album material etc but no fucker to sell them to, so why should a label invest in that type of band when they can find a band with great songs and a fanbase of people to buy them ???

you all need to be on line as often as possible talking to people about your band and music...

myspace needs a banner on the top in my opinion
I am on with the website stuff etc
Back to top Go down
john

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:51 am

ray from jersey would be up for fire in the city being on there and would get behind the band if we can impress laura again,,

she is a music lawyer or she works in music law, music lawyers are important people who can introduce their clients to labels etc,,,

i will be asking her to introduce us to a booking agent

I want to send her something down so she knows we are on the ball, i will send her bad girl and its not too late but explain we are working on the finished products with john

the fact that she has come back to us after hearing the new stuff is a big pat on the back for you all, she wouldnt have bothered if she didnt think there was something.... so if nowt comes of this then you should still take the posatives out of it.... ask matti and jamie, laura doesnt take any shit, she expects 110% without any excuses because she knows not many bands get oportunities, and like i keep saying all talk and no action soon pisses people off.... so get working, you dont all need to get together to be working on the band

i am going to start a thread about new somg titles and ides's

lets add to it
Back to top Go down
matthew

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:21 pm

thats good reply back from her! she seems interested! i think when bad girl is finished from g2! i recon she'l realy like it!
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:20 am

there's already a thread about new song ideas etc
Back to top Go down
john

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:36 am

laura's reply to too late to escape being sent down to her after she has listened to it and I asked her what she thinks

"I like it but the sample is the bit that grabbed me so if I were to give it a quick play to anyone else then that would be the bit I'd want. Thanks"
Back to top Go down
matthew

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:15 am

has jamie done the sample and has it been sent to her?
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:35 am

i have done it yes. did it days ago
Back to top Go down
john

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 am

emails from laura etc,,,,,, she says about the killer single, as i keep saying the songs have too be as catchy as fook, need to come up with more stuff, when you all working on songs again, remember opertunities like this DONT come rpund too often so you need to impress her with songs etc.....

from laurs

Morning Jamie, let me know if you have any gigs in London. Thanks. L

Hiya Laura, its John, hope you had a good weekend,,,,

regarding gigs in London, non booked but if you want to see the band play then I will get on to it and book something.

what are your thoughts regarding the song bad girl ?

jamie is going to put together what the band consider to be a good album and i will send it down to you.

there are quite a few new songs coming together which are sounding really good, there is one in particular so we will send you down a sample over the next few weeks once it is at a decent standard of recording.

Regards
John

Hi John

The track's great, I'm just not sure it's that killer first single. I'd be interested in hearing the album so yes do send it down along with anything else that you think has potential.

Thanks

L
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Laura's interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura's interest   Laura's interest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laura's interest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Unit :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: