The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

do you all work hard enough ...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
john

do you all work hard enough ... Empty
PostSubject: do you all work hard enough ...   do you all work hard enough ... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:37 am

as yourself this question,,,,,

do we all work hard enough to make it in this biz ?

are we writting enough new songs

do we spend enough time on line developing our fan base

are we constantly talking to each other and getting together working on our set, stage performance etc

when was the last time you all got together properly and really worked on new material,

3 weeks ago you played john and paul that fifa song and jamie lala'd some vocal melodies.... have you come up with the lyrics for that song, have you recorded anything to work on or listen to on that song, have you got anything to show John ? have you even thought any more about what is needed to make that song amazing ?

you have a rehearsal unit and project studio that most bands would give thier drummer for - but be honest and ask yourself if you use it ? Apart from the odd practise which I have to push to happen I THINK NOT....

I THINK YOU DONT DO ANY OF THE ABOVE TO BE HONEST. AND IF YOU THINK THAT THE SMALL AMOUNT OF TIME AND EFFORT YOU PUT INTO YOUR BAND IS THE FORMULAR FOR SUCCESS - THEN YOU ARE ALL SO WRONG.

You have an opportunity through Laura, you have john and paul that are up for doing something with you,,, these are good oportunities, but believe me they will soon see that the work rate aint there, have a good think about what you all want to do about this band cos from where I stand and looking at the work rate you all put in - non of you want it enough

feel free to throw anything back at me regarding what i have said, cos I would love to be proved wrong.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: do you all work hard enough ...   do you all work hard enough ... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:59 pm

i am on myspace everyday, i update blogs, i post bulletins, i add people, and i've made our myspace, i check facebook everyday, i invite everyone to our gigs on facebook and i've sold at a guess i'd imagine close to 100 cd's

i only go to the unit if i am asked to, i am not willing to spend £6 on a train ticket for no reason, the unit is also not the only place you can write a song or come up with an idea, you can do it on the bus, on a plane, while you're taking a massive shit or while you're shopping in morrisons for a cheeky tea time bargain

the last time we worked on new stuff was saturday
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: do you all work hard enough ...   do you all work hard enough ... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:39 am

steve, you all should plan to get together on a regular basis to work on new songs etc, i know you are on facebook etc, is matti, jamie and lee err no...

can you tell me what the point is of me keeping the unit open for bands to go and prectise if you are not all getting together working on new stuff and only use the unit for the occassional practise , you worked on new stuff on saturday cos there was a gig, if there was no gig would you have all got together - sorry but i dont think so... like i said be honest with yourselves and ask how often you all get together ?

if you think now and again is good enough to make it then you are all wrong.... read what laura says, its all about the "killer" singles, as much as you might think thats bullshit, its what they think what counts unfortunatley... if someone s going to invest money into a band they need to see that the band are working their balls off to give a return, that applies to anything, matti works for al, al pays him each week, if matti does fuck all at work al says " see ya " and mattis is all dressed up with nowhere to go...

all I am saying is that saturday for example, i got out of bed, went over to matti's and got his keys so i could come back and let a band in to practise, they gave me £20 which i took round to alans next door and gave it to him, it cost me about a fiver to get the keys, so at the end of the day i was out of pocket by a fiver and alan was in pocket by £20 and the band had a 2 hour practice, i have no probs with this if you lot are using the unit on a regular basis, if its just the odd time then why am i doing this for other bands, I have managed to get al to reduce the rent until the end of march but i still have the business rates to pay at about £30/week and an electric bill to pay....

as I said al this is no probs if you are all working on stuff....

if you were all together sat with the objective of writing new songs, working on new lyrics etc then something would come out of it.... if its always gonna be happening tomorrow, then sadly tomorrow never comes. you have a small window of oportunity and you all should be working your nuts off to make things happen...

Dont take it personal, i want you all to ask yourselves "do you put enough into this band to make it work "
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: do you all work hard enough ...   do you all work hard enough ... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:18 am

Honestly, i don't work hard enough. I check this, the facebook and myspace everyday. There's a lot more that i can do and will do starting from now! I think we all want this, i know i certainly do!! We do need to get together a lot more and we get a lot more accomplished when we're all there. I'm not trying to make any excuses but my work shifts are a pain in the fuckin arse so they can sometimes get in the way, but, there's still plenty of time when i'm free. (today being one but i don't have my car, MOT).
Me, Matti, and Jamie need do more internet based things, facebook, myspace etc etc, even just networking with people in general. Give credit where it's due, Steve does do a lot of work on the internet.
Like i said, i'm confidant we all really want this, and this Laura situation has certainly got me buzzin'. We do need to work harder musically i.e songwriting, rehearsing (i think we've gotten complacent with this because the set, lets be honest, is tight as fuck), but the songwriting is the big thing now, especially on the "killer single", i actually spoke to Jamie about this yesterday on the phone.
I will start pullin my finger out and get some internet stuff done. We all have to pull our finger out with the songwriting and gettin into the unit and working on new material.
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: do you all work hard enough ...   do you all work hard enough ... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:41 am

i agree we do need to use the unit more often, i am free everyday all day unless something crops up, which it rarely does, but i don't know when the unit is free etc

what i think we need is a full day in unit, one day when all of us are free, get in at dinner and don't leave til like 10 or something, i agree that we seem to get alot done when we're all there, but it's rare that we are altogether, and let's face it the set is tight as fuck, we've been playing most of them songs a for well over a year now, in my eyes we don't need to go in and practise songs like fire in the city or weekend warriors, they ain't gonna get any better than they already are
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: do you all work hard enough ...   do you all work hard enough ... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:35 am

thats right, you need to work on existing songs that you think need a change etc, but you should be working on new material all the time,, as i said keep throwing new songs at john and he will be impressed, the fifa track sound like it could be really good so thats one to concentrate on and bring more hooks etc to the next session with john, and definatley nearly finished vox or he os gonna be thimki g what you all been up to and are you all bothered enough

get on to lee and see when he is free, the unit is free thursday and friday day so get your arses in there,
Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do you all work hard enough ...   do you all work hard enough ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

do you all work hard enough ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Unit :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: