The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

moho gig in manchester

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
john

moho gig in manchester Empty
PostSubject: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:53 am

anything to say about it say it here
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:59 am

can we set a facebook group up about the gig and can we target manchester people to push the gig its free to get in
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:20 am

i'll do this later today, we don't have many friends in manchester but we do have the guys involved with the 'in the city' event so i'll invite them, do you think it could be worth getting in touch on myspace too?
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:15 am

it looks like we are in the competition so we need to be mint,,, they have sent me a email with a poster can you all email me at info@areamusic.co.uk and i will send the poster back to you then someone add it to myspacer and facebook..... we need to get in touch with katey from manchester, matti you used to fancy her so you should find her on myspace and get her to come to the gig with all her mates, tell her its free
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:44 pm

posters up as our myspace default, posted a bulletin etc, just creating facebook event now, gonna invite every fucker and start adding people from that group you told me to check out earlier, that new place in Manc by Peter Hook and that
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:56 am

Steve wrote:
posters up as our myspace default, posted a bulletin etc, just creating facebook event now, gonna invite every fucker and start adding people from that group you told me to check out earlier, that new place in Manc by Peter Hook and that

yeh it is thats where they all started from so they have seen an angle,,,, thats why i want to get a gig there, i have joined their mailing list it should have been open in jan but its been put back a bit, so as soon as i hear anything i will be on the case.....
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:39 am

good good, it's sound pretty good, run by most of the people who were involved in the Hacienda, think it's got like 3 floors or something
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:23 am

message on myspace from moho live about upcoming gigs we can play etc
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:40 am

its a generic message they send to all the bands on their rosta, i suggest that we go along in march kick arse bigstyle and then approaxh them for more gigs ..... so its up to everyone to work on the set and get the backing vox sorted and the middle 8's on certain sings sorted and the lead up to the 3rd song sorted etc..... the more we all put in to this the more we will get out of it, look at this forum and how its working, all good stuff........ just need matti to be more active
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:47 am

is anything happening regarding promoing this gig ?????

As you all know this is a competition, but normally only bands who have been selected by the redstripe website get to play, the winner of each venue goes through to the final I think and there is a decent prize awaiting the winner --- SO,

We need to go there fully prepared and ready to kick arse, its a good venue, good sound etc so we are gonna sound mint, what needs to happen now is that everything needs working on so you give it your best shot, no point turning up as if its a normal gig, we need to realise that something could come of it, but it will only happen if we practise our balls off and make it happen, you are dead tight as a band musicaly, but the backing vox needs sorting out, you need to get the " it'll be rate " attitude thrown out and the " lets make it rate " attitude kicking in...... you need to start today to make everything as good as it can be, if you go there and give 100% - sound, if you dont get through no probs, but if you dont give 100% then its a massive opportunity wasted, so its up to you lads, when I see your set I will spot if youve not worked on the backing vox and I will be pissed off and so should you all, if you think that to make it, 1 practise a week is all it takes, your wrong.....

to be a top sportsman for example you have to work on the fine details to make it happen, the same here, and believe me the BV's need addressing, ooo or ahahah, what ever they are they need sorting and making as tight as the music...... you need to record them and listen back and only then can you work on the bits that sound wrong,,,, so do it , not just once but on a regular basis, the gig is 20 days away, dont let yourselves down....

On that night everyone needs to look like they are in a band, so think about what you are gonna be wearing and how it blends together, not as a uniform but as 4 lads who look like they are in a band, remember you will be seen before you are heard and there is only 1 chance to make a first impression, so get your shit together and remember practice makes perfect,
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:45 pm

there's group set up on facebook and i've been posting out bulletins on myspace, what else can we do, everybody we know knows about it, it's not like we gig regularly in manchester or know anyone from manchester

i've been adding the people from the Factory Manchester facebook page you sent and i've they've been invited, but there's thousands of em and it's impossible to add them all, we've been threatened with our band account been deleted before due to adding too many people

is there anything else we can do?
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:44 pm

we can get in touch with manc uni's and colleges etc and send them info about the gig and say its free entry and ask them to circulate the info or add it to their notice boards etc... there is a manchester msuic forum we can join that and promo the gig, maybe google manchester radio statioons there will be a bbc manchester who run a raw talent lik in sheffield we can find out the dj who does it and send him info and a couple of trax to play, we should search on myspace for manchester bands then add and message their fans.... why would face book thrreaten to cancel the account for adding friends, thought that is what it is for ????? what about jooning bebo and other sites ? google manchester music fans and see what comes up...

the more promo the better, we need to do the same for the holloways gig as well, but everyone should be on the case to some extent,
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 am

it's cos we added hundreds of people within a short space of time, probably seen as spamming or a fake account etc

i'll have a gander and see what's kicking about
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:38 pm

manchester promoter coming to gig

Aight Buddy,

Can I get Two guest list spots for this show?

I'll pop down and see you.
If you impress, there's a gig opp for you : )

Thanks,
Jack | www.omgacow.com
OMG! A COW! Promotions
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:26 pm

that sounds lovely

got some details for you for xfm manchester if they are useful

X-posure

John Kennedy is the guy and it's apparently a new show for new music

email: john.kennedy@xfm.co.uk

Dave Berry who's a DJ (might have heard of him, he does a bit of tv presenting and is marrying one of the many Sugababes)

Phone 084547 83936 (guessing that will be the main switchboard)
Text 83XFM (83936)
Email dave@xfm.co.uk

and I've also got details for BBC Radio Manchester

The person who runs the Manchester equivalent of RAW Talent is a woman called Sam Walker

Address: BBC Radio Manchester
G100
New Broadcasting House
Oxford Road
Manchester
M60 1SJ

Main Switchboard 0161 200 2000/2020

or

Call: 0161 228 2255
Text: 07786 206 951
Email News Desk: radio.manchester@bbc.co.uk
News Desk: 0161 244 3034 or 0161 244 3035

and you can also send details of upcoming gigs to:

introducing.manchester@bbc.co.uk
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:33 pm

i will get in touch with them tomorrow matey,,, good bit of research,,, when we play out of town we need to contact the local raw talent presenters and get some music over to them
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:42 pm

indeed we do, i'll start having a look at other RAW Talent type shows tomorrow in different areas, see whats going down
Back to top Go down
matthew

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:29 am

il get intouch with that katie girl, i remember who it is, il be nice and see if she and her friends can come gig!
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:43 am

oooh mathew how nice for you to take 2 minutes of your time and make an appearance, yeh do it baby
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:32 am

http:​/​/​www.​facebook.​com/​group.​php?​gid=​17802262708&​ref=​ts

have a look at tghis facebook group and join it matey so you can penetrate and promo the moho gig
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 pm

that link doesn't work, give me the name of the group and i'll search for it
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:45 pm

look at the coment on myspace from the manchester mag its on there
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:53 pm

designer mag, got ya
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:55 pm

we've already joined, think we might already have been pilfering their friends lol
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:16 am

they have asked us to supply drums and bass amp for other bands to use ????? we are on first .... what the fook is that about, dont other bands have their own shit they can bring ???

anyway I said yes to the drums and yes to a bass cab but will get back to them regarding the bass amp....

I said yes cos I dont want to be awkward and help as much as poss so we get other gigs etc.....

hope that is ok with you lee....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: moho gig in manchester   moho gig in manchester I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

moho gig in manchester
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Unit :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: