The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

band pics wanted for review as soon as poss

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
john

band pics wanted for review as soon as poss Empty
PostSubject: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:01 am

Hi John

I really enjoyed the set you played so would have no problem promoting the band within our Eye titles. We could do this as a gig review and also offer a competition prize to give away some tickets at your next event? Also, I can write up an introduction and profile on the band to include images of the guys performing, what your ultimate goals are, where are your forthcoming gigs, who do you appeal to etc etc...

Just send me as much info as you can about who you are and what you're about.

For example: the names of all the band members and a brief background on them
the type of music they play and how this has evolved
how long have they been playing together
who came up with the name and why
ultimate goals (i.e. to become as big as the beatles perhaps)!?
forthcoming events...
ideal target audience...

I will try and arrange for someone to be at your next gig for the review also.

Don't forget to send images of everyone, perhaps the band logo, and anything else you can think of.

The launch date for the Doncaster Eye is April. However, I can get you in the Huddersfield Eye for March issue (deadline Feb 18th). Are you going nationwide with your gigs? We also have Swansea Eye - I can put you some coverage in this for March also. Rotherham Eye will probably be April or May issue. Don't worry about your schedule tying in with the various months your article appears, just send the 2010 listings and I'll delete any dates or add, as appropriate. You will also see a proof of the profile/review before we go to print.

I also envisage having another 10 new launches over the next 12 - 18 months, so don't see why I can't get you coverage in all of these mags, as and when they are launched.

Look forward to receiving the info.

Very best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:03 am

the type of music they play and how this has evolved?

the answer to this does not want to be pop as we are in no way pop, it wants to be like alternative/rock 'n' roll etc

how long have they been playing together?

just over a year

who came up with the name and why?

depends if we change it by then, but we shouldn't divulge in to too much of your Mcfly fanny bandit past

ultimate goals (i.e. to become as big as the beatles perhaps)!?

wants be just like shelling a good deal of records, just not something gay or too big headed

forthcoming events?

MOHO and Holloways are good uns to put up

ideal target audience?

doesn't want to be 14-16 year old emo cunts (john lol), wants to be like 18-30
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:41 am

concentrate on getting good band pictures, by friday if possible so i can deal with this before i go away on sunday...

a picture paints a thousand words so lets get them right for the image of the band, you all dont want to look like a bunch of mates in a band, you need to look like a proper band, so everyone needs to think about what they are wearing...

maybe get some snaps of steve doing some busted jumps ???

and by the way steve the band has been around since 2005 not just a year, we haven't got a story to tell otherwise...
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:08 am

but we've been Area and us four have been together for over a year, we want to concentrate on what we've done and what we are doing, not what Area15 did and how many times you played with Mcfly
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:37 am

no, you have been in the band 1 year, the band has been around 5 years and has some history and a story to tell, and there is no problem with playing with mcfly if you are that type of band, its a big achievement .... and if i ever say it to anyone ( and I dont very often ) its in a general conversation with someone who aint as touchy about it as you and jamie, and is at the right time....

you have red the stone roses book, they come from pretend punk bands etc....like most bands you evolve and change direction and that is great, but dont be in denial of what you have achieved in the past as that has shaped who you are now..... and no one should knock other bands just because its not their cup of tea, appreciate them as artists etc, did you read the set of rules on the wall in g2 studio about slagging off other bands ??? - thats negativity !!!

its good to say the band has worked with certain people, played over 400 gigs, supported glassvegas, scouting for girls, the hoosiers, hadouken, ladyhawk, bombay bycicle club etc etc and played in uni's barflys, rock city, leadmill, plug, redbull, skins parties, been on the telly, been on sub tv etc etc...

or what do we say, been together a year, played about 30 gigs, supported no one, played in cak venues ... I know what story reads better and opens doors..

this is a bulshite industry i am afraid and an industry where arses need to be licked,,,,, you havent exoerianced it yet steve, when you do you will see how shallow people are. on the way up you cant afford to make enemies of anyone or piss them off cos you never know who that person knows or who he will be in 2 years time...

its like the christian gigs, its a massive audience,,,, so i was chuffed when john and paul at g2 said the same.... if you play on some of them gigs no one tags you as a christian band, your just a band playing to an audience of people who believe in god, we need to develope the fan base any where we can matey, cos thats all a label is interested in - who will come to gigs and who will buy the music..

here endeth the sermon for today lol

x
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:54 am

yes its a bullshit industry so bullshit, people don't need to know it was area15 that supported these bands, say it was us, and yes its okay mentioning playing with that sort of band if you are that sort of band, but we are not that sort of band, from we what are now, cross referencing to what the band used to be is just gonna make us look like idiots, we need to talk about the good stuff that you did, playing with Glasvegas is good, playing with the Hoosiers is good, playing with Bombay Bicycle Club is good, playing with Ladyhawke is good

if we change our name and we're this fuckin top dog rock band are we gonna go 'we really like mcfly, they're such an inspiration' no we're not! what the stone roses were doing in the past was still credible, in those days punk was credible, punk these days is not credible nor is pop punk, it's for little girls and boys

i appreciate them as artists just not as human beings

don't have a problem with the Christian thing, we should play that festival, get a good following, play to thousands of the fuckers, but we don't need to go up and down the country playing every Christian rock festival and going to every church service
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:17 am

get over the mcflange thingymabob,,,,,, i dont go on bout it to anyone or the emo girl song , only to jamie to wind him up, and as for the name area15 i dont mention it , so wheres that come from..... read the bio i send out that i emailed you, ..... maybe your hearing voices lol

and why dont you appreciate them as human beings - do you know them ????? lil chris for example is a really nice lad, he's into the same music as you lot, its just that he was made into the star of a rock show played songs that was written for a particular market and someone scooped him up and made him a lot of money, gave him his own tv show etc what a bastard that was for him lol

it all part of dis bizness man, dont think that what you read or see in the press etc about most of the " credible " bands aint thought through first by marketing guru's,

I bet your girlfriend is / was a mcfart fan back in the day....
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:29 am

no he wasn't she likes the same sort of stuff as me

yeah but this lil chris guy isn't real, he's a character that somebody practically made, tell him what to say, tell him how to dress, tell him what to sing, tell him how to speak, tell him what he has to like, that's something a lot of credible bands don't do, that's what artists/bands who are manufactured are told to do, they are not real people etc they are a product, a gimmick
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:58 am

but thats the music bizness...... most bands are styled, most bands are media trained, most bands dont write their own material, most bands sign a contract that says do this, dont do that, do as i say etc... bands need publicity, they go out get hammered and one of their "people " makes the phone call to the press, even bands like oasis stage situations to drive ticket sales, record sales etc...

i read the other day that jonny rotten had singing lessons when the pistols were going for it, they were charactures dreamed up by someones imagination, ian brown had singing lessons etc... its a big game that the media play with the public to make us think this ior that, look at big brother, its turned against vinnie now, where as he was the favorite, its all about what we are led to believe...

and mcfly fans can be oasis fans as well you know ?????

but can oasis fans be mcfly fans ??????

maybe your lass is scared to come out, maybe she is a closet dougie fan

lil chris aint a made up characture, he was head and shoulders above anyone else in the rock school program and deserved to get a break, it was his personality that got him his chance and his attitude to doing well and trying things that were outside his comfort zone, just because he cant play the guitar etc doesnt mean he aint an entertainer, and this is the entertainment biz ya know, there are thousands of great guitarists and singers out there who will never make it cos they cant entertain,

your tooo close to the genre you are into maybe... expand the old mind, like oasis do and nick cliff richard melodies, brittany riffs , junior sevens middle 8's etc.....
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:15 am

my reply to the eye magazine thingymajig ( notice no mention of mcfart, big chris or emo fringes )

Hiya Christina, thank you for getting back to me, and really pleased you enjoyed the bands set on friday night.

The venue aint that clever for bands to be honest. The band is so much better on a stage and with a decent PA etc..... but donny "has vot it has" ( version of Avana Trumps "it is vot it is" ) and we have to go with the flow and give it 100% . I was happy with the way the gig turned out the feedback has been really strong.

I will get all the info over to you by the deadline of the 18th Feb , I am away from sunday till thursday next week, going up a mountain, and then coming down again, then up again etc etc - skiing to be more precise ...... so it will probably be after then if thats ok..

Regarding your question, "are we going nationwide with the gigs", and just to give you a bit of background info to the band.

Area was formed in 2005, the band have played well over 400 gigs UK wide, played on the same bill as bands such as Glassvegas, Scouting For Girls, Hadouken, Ladyhawk, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Holloways, Just Jack, supported The Hosiers in Magaluf etc etc.. played at skins parties, been on the telly a few times blah blah blah ....

The band was signed to a top London management company called Shalit Global. Jonathon Shalit launched Charlotte Church, manages Jamilia, N Dubz etc so we have been / are on the edge of the outer circle of the music biz if you know what i mean.

It would be great to be featured in your Eye's ( that doesnt sound right lol ) and maybe there is someway we can offer you some publicity in return, will you be having a launch partay or anything like that, or maybe we could put together an Eye tour in the area's that you are active ???

Maybe we could discuss a chart attack song release on Eye records, bring some sponsors on board etc, it aint that difficult

Not sure if this type of thinking could fit into your bigger picture, but there is some room to talk and explore other avenues I am sure.

Is your Eye magazines hard copy or on line or both by the way ?

Once again thanks for the interest and the help, and if you do want me to pop over for a chat just let me know.

king
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 pm

actually ian brown was told to get singing lessons from his label and told them to fuck off lol and look where he is

there isn't one oasis fan on this planet that likes mcfly and that is a fact
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:56 am

that says it all then

and as for ian brown, he decided to get lessons in the early days, and i am sure his label did say to get them after that as well cos he cant sing, but i like some of his stuff all the same, not his singing though just the beat of the songs....

anyway whats the comment on the eye magazine stuff
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:17 am

it's all gravy
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:47 am

wonder what matti thinks of it ,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:16 am

in my opinion pics should be done in a cold, shitty, outside rainy place with you all wearing coats etc rather than taken out in the sunshine

i need a decent pic as soon as possible cos i am meeting the eye mag tuesday, so whatcha all gonna do abt it ????
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:00 am

lee's got in touch with this guy who does photos and for free, they're good quality too, but don't know anymore than that

i think we wanna be in coats too, but the weather won't be an issue lol
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:05 am

think we should have em done in a grotty pub or a warehouse, just a few ideas i'm throwing in your ugly mugs
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:35 am

somewhjere dirty and dinjy
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:04 am

How are we all fixed for next Saturday (13th) for the photos? If were all free then i'll drop the guy an e-mail and see if he's free and we can get cracking.
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:21 am

any day's sound for me, as long as it ain't a monday at 11:30 cos thats my dole time lol
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Lee wrote:
How are we all fixed for next Saturday (13th) for the photos? If were all free then i'll drop the guy an e-mail and see if he's free and we can get cracking.

you could do them before we meet for the gig, can he do them in donny, round by the unit is a good area to take pics, remember i will want a good one for the eye ,mag, andf also i want to get the bio tweaked and the pic changed then i want to get some printed off as well to send out wioth cd's

get the pics done sooner rather than later
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Why not get him to come to the gig? could have done in pub and get some live snaps, main room in imps got a good vibe, and nearly every photo we've ever taken has been at the unit, be nice for a different change of scenery Smile
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:03 pm

agreed ,, lee needs to tempt him over
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Ok, i'll drop the guy a message asking him if he's free on Saturday. If he can;t make it to the gig then i'll ask him if he can get to Donny on Saturday afternoon and we have them done before we leave round in donny somewhere. We might need to offer him some petrol money or something if he comes to the gig.
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:43 pm

we should also get our expensive camera out and do some shots ourselves it doesnt cost us anything and we might just get what we need... also we need to get a vid up on utube with one of the songs behind it

come on lads, there is loooads to do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: band pics wanted for review as soon as poss   band pics wanted for review as soon as poss I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

band pics wanted for review as soon as poss
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next