The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Midland Music Maniacs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve

Steve

Midland Music Maniacs Empty
PostSubject: Midland Music Maniacs   Midland Music Maniacs I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:22 pm

said they would like some more EP's if it isn't too much trouble?
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Midland Music Maniacs   Midland Music Maniacs I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:35 am

comment from MMM just in case you haven't seen it

Just had this message in if you wanna follow it up...........

Would love to play your stuff on my radio show, The British Breakfast
on WRIR 97.3FM Richmond, Virginia USA and streamed live and podcasted
on www.wrir.org. Can you make that happen? Respectfully,

Gene Pembleton

2500 Lauderdale Drive

Richmond, Virginia USA 23233 ewpsw@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Midland Music Maniacs   Midland Music Maniacs I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:12 pm

emailed the radio thingy a few days ago, no answer

nd when did they ask for more ep's I will send them some down, find out how manay they need
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Midland Music Maniacs   Midland Music Maniacs I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:53 am

i was talking to them on mine, i've asked them, will let you know
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Midland Music Maniacs   Midland Music Maniacs I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:10 am

Steve wrote:
comment from MMM just in case you haven't seen it

Just had this message in if you wanna follow it up...........

Would love to play your stuff on my radio show, The British Breakfast
on WRIR 97.3FM Richmond, Virginia USA and streamed live and podcasted
on www.wrir.org. Can you make that happen? Respectfully,

Gene Pembleton

2500 Lauderdale Drive

Richmond, Virginia USA 23233 ewpsw@hotmail.com

sent 2 songs over to be played
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Midland Music Maniacs   Midland Music Maniacs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:19 am

they said they want another 3 sending down
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Midland Music Maniacs   Midland Music Maniacs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:13 am

just been browsing their blogs and found these:

1. WANT YOUR TRACK ON THE MAGAZINE SAMPLER CD?
Every issue Dominator will be looking at giving away a free CD with the magazine showcasing the best in alternative music. Ranging from Punk to Metal, Goth to Indie, Rock to Obscure, in fact anything classed as alternative.
The CD's will be glass-mastered and not CDR so will be gauranteed to play on any CD player as they will be the same quality as CD's brought from the likes of HMV.
There will be 1000 CD's pressed to give away with the magazine which is a free magazine so all 1000 issues are gauranteed to be distributed so that means if all CD's are played that 1000 people plus their friends will be hearing your track. You will also get a mention inside the magazine.

I'm afraid that with the magazine being a free publication that there is a small charge to appear on the CD to pay for the CD's to be replicated, but this could be a great way to get your music heard with 1000 discs being replicated.

If you're interested in appearing on the CD please leave a comment below or alternatively send me a message on here and I'll get back to you.

Also..........
IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR CD REVIEWING IN DOMINATOR

Please send to:
Dominator Magazine
75 High Street
Loscoe
Heanor
Derbyshire
DE75 7LG

2. WANT YOUR MUSIC PLAYED ON A STUDENT UNDERGROUND SHOW based in Leeds... EMAIL: JAMES @ INFO@BROKENHEARTUNDERGROUND with the track name, band name and band bio

3.PCL PRESENTS - BOOKING UNSIGNED BANDS FOR SIGNED BANDS SUPPORT SLOTS www.myspace.com/pclpresents or www.pclpresents.com contact form:-
http://www.pclpresents.com/contact.html

4.Play King Tuts Wah Wah Hut follow the link and click on get involved to download the form
http://www.kingtuts.co.uk/yoursound/term5/

5. Please send us a message on our myspace page

www.myspace.com/kasbahcoventry

or you can e-mail us at rosiemalones@hotmail.com

or dee@kasbahnightclub.com

Office: 024 76 554473
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Another bit from a blog   Midland Music Maniacs I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 am

think we should go down to this if we're free, i'd be up for going

blog as follows:

WE'RE EXCITED AND OVER THE MOON TO ANNOUNCE THAT.....

MIDLANDS MUSIC MANIACS
in assc with BLACK SCORPION PROMOTIONS (www.myspace.com/blackscorpionpromotions)

are to bring you.....

A **FREE**ALL- DAY FEST SHOWCASING 9 OF THE FINEST BANDS IN THE MIDLANDS
SATURDAY 31ST JULY
@ THE OLD WHARF, DIGBETH

Full line up to follow shortly

On this occassion all bands have been chosen, which was no mean feat we can tell you. we've banged our heads against the wall, umm'd n ahhh'd, trawled through hundreds of your sites an come up with a host of talent both established and emerging.

As ever this all dayer has been developed as a platform to bring bands/promoters/fellow music lovers together, therefore just because you aren't on the bill does not mean you cannot take part. Come down, bring your cd's, flyers, badges etc, mix with promoters, journalists, industry peeps, radio, bands and of course new fans. This is your day to promote yourselves and have a lil fun at the same time, thats what festivals are all about eh!!! we cant guarantee the weather but we can guarantee a right royal knees up!! And of course your interest will spur us on to make this a regular occassion

Now as you'll know MMM is run on love not money, therefore we're most grateful to all the bands that have volunteered their time and talent for nowt, hats off to you all!!

Now for me best Anneka Rice impersonation....if there's any radio stations/presenters/dj's that feel they could plug this event for us.... newspapers/webzine/fanzines/music mags that could give us a lil space to help promote this baby (thankyou Dominator Magazine)... printers that could help with flyers/banners...journalists (thankyou Beatlebabe Wink that would cover the event, photographers that could offer their services.....all for FREE then we'd be over the moon and delighted to add you as official sponsors on the flyers.

THIS PROMISES TO BE A FANTASTIC DAY
AND WITH A LIL COMMUNITY SPIRIT
WE CAN ALL CONTRIBUTE TO KEEPING THE MUSIC
LIVE!!!!

feel free to drop us a comment or email expressing your interest so we can get a feel for the no's
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Midland Music Maniacs   Midland Music Maniacs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:51 am

you played old warfe last year remember

and you are playing satans hollow on the 31st july
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midland Music Maniacs   Midland Music Maniacs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midland Music Maniacs
Page 1 of 1