The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Ways To Get Our Music Heard

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamie

New Ways To Get Our Music Heard Empty
PostSubject: New Ways To Get Our Music Heard   New Ways To Get Our Music Heard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:47 am

We need to find as many different types of media to promote our music. we need to look into radio and online radio, online playlists and promotional CDs. This is something to search about for!!!

we should send stuff to radio 1 DJs, and any other oppertunities that are possible.

let me know if you have any ideas. its difficult to think where to start!!!

J
x

(it may also b worth doing something like getting a facebook group set up to say promote local doncaster music and get people to join it under a fake profile. make a profile of a fake guy. or something)
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: New Ways To Get Our Music Heard   New Ways To Get Our Music Heard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:42 pm

last week i signed us up to steve lamacq own website for bands to promote themselves etc, least there's the chance of someone like him to listen to it

www.goingdeafforaliving.com

i have also recommended our music to tom robinson at bbc introducing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/tom_robinsons_introducing/

think everybody should do it, follow the link and click 'recommend music' near that big ugly head

and also

every year there is this competition organised called UK2USA, the winners get an all expenses trip to america etc photoshoot included, 5 star hotel, gig blah blah blah, go to firstlightpromotions.com and register, it's what i did, guessing that people from them will check us out too

this is a message i received from them, think they are basically just promoting it, have a read see if you all would be interested, it looks like a lot of work and will need pushing and pushing by everyone

Dear Band

We would like to invite you to come and play at this year’s UK2USA where the winning band wins an all expenses trip to the states to play a gig in NEW YORK CITY!

WHAT TO DO NEXT!

PLEASE READ ALL THE BELOW – THEN SEND FULL NAME AND ADDRESS ALONG WITH THE CITY YOU WOULD LIKE TO PLAY. WE WILL THEN DESPATCH TICKETS TO YOU (after postage)

WHEN AND WHERE?

1ST ROUND

1. HULL 9TH JULY
2. LIVERPOOL 10TH JULY
3. MANCHESTER 11TH JULY @ JABEZ CLEGG
4. BARNSLEY 15TH JULY @ CHE BAR
5. SHEFFIELD 16TH JULY
6. SUNDERLAND 18TH JULY @ THE INDEPENDENT
7. MIDDLESBROUGH 19TH JULY
8. BIRMINGHAM 23RD JULY
9. LONDON 24TH JULY
10. GLASGOW 30TH JULY
11. EDINBURGH 31st JULY @ THE 3 SISTERS LOFT
12. EDINBURGH 1ST AUG @ THE 3 SISTERS LOFT
13. DUNDEE 8TH AUG
14. ADERDEEN 9TH AUG
15. CARDIFF 13TH AUG
16. SWANSEA 14TH AUG

Last year’s winner SIGNFY enjoyed a week in the states in early Feb 2010 and played a gig at the legendary Kenny’s Castaways. Check out the gallery www.myspace.com/uk2usamusic for a slice of last year’s action.

This year the prizes will be as follows:

* UK2USA 2010 WINNER WILL RECEIVE A FULLY PAID TRIP TO NEW YORK CITY! –

This will include.....
* $500 DOLLAR EXPENSE ACCOUNT
* RETURN FLIGHTS TO NEW YORK (FROM MANCHESTER)
* LIMO FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL
* 5 STAR HOTEL ACCOMODATION IN CENTRAL NEW YORK (5 MINS FROM TIME SQUARE)
* GIG IN DOWN TOWN MANHATTEN
* PHOTOSHOOT IN TIMES SQUARE
*LIMO BACK TO THE AIRPORT

>>JUST ADDED<<

We will again be filming the final of UK2USA in Manchester!

To see footage of the last final please go to: www.youtube.com/stagepassuktv

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

· BAND MUST HAVE NO REASON WHY THEY CAN NOT ENTER THE STATES

· Bands must have 3 original songs up on myspace

· You must add ALL your friends to our facebook group (as we are holding a wildcard place for any bands who do not make it in to the semi final – therefore they may be a on-line voting element that will come into play)

https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=260043825732&ref=ts

· Any songs that you play must be original and you must have at least 30mins of material

· The bands are required to conform to all rules set up by both the club and law / we have a 0% tolerance to Drugs or Underage Drinking

TICKETS

· WE REQUIRE YOU TO SELL 50 ADVANCED TICKETS FOR EACH ROUND – IF YOU CAN NOT DO THIS PLEASE DO NOT ENTER. / TICKETS MUST BE SOLD AND MONIES RETURNED 2 WEEKS AFTER DELIVERY OF TICKETS.

· Tickets are £6 each x 50 = £300.00 / this will be due 2 weeks after delivery

TICKET PROCESS

· We require you to supply a FULL NAME AND ADDRESS to us on a return email with the city you would like to perform at (if you are a Manchester band for example then put down Manchester. If however you are from a town or city NOT listed please put down the place that is the nearest to you.

· Please check our MySpace blog :- WHEN AND WHERE for the list of Cities and dates (www.myspace.com/uk2usamusic)

POSTAGE

In relation to a few bands requesting tickets and then dropping out the next day after the tickets have been sent we have come to the conclusion that they were never serious about playing in the first place – so if you are serious about playing we require you to send £10.00 for postage and admin to paypal account : stagepassbadges@hotmail.co.uk / This payment of £10.00 will be taken off the ticket price so postage remains free for all bands taking part. If your band is unable to take part in the event THIS IS NON REFUNDABLE – so please only enter if you are able to meet all the requirements

A FULL COPY OF THE T&C’S IS AVAILABLE BELOW (after this introductory email)

WE ONLY HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF PLACES

· We are limited to 5 bands per night and we are sure that demand will surpass the amount of places we have to offer – we will however hold your place for 2 weeks whilst you sell your advanced tickets – PLEASE ONLY ENTER THIS IF YOU ARE CAPABLE OF SELLING ALL 50 TICKETS AS WE DON’T WANT BANDS PAYING OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKETS TO PLAY. (THIS IS ALSO NO GOOD FOR THE VENUE OR THE OTHER BANDS ON THE BILL)

Good luck to everyone taking part in this year’s UK2USA 2010

WHAT TO DO NEXT!

PLEASE READ ALL THE BELOW – THEN SEND A FULL NAME AND ADDRESS ALONG WITH THE CITY YOU WOULD LIKE TO PLAY. WE WILL THEN DESPATCH TICKETS TO YOU (after postage)

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BELOW BEFORE ENTERING – WE SUGGEST THAT YOU PRINT A COPY OFF AND LET ALL YOUR BAND MEMBERS READ THROUGH IT!

COPY OF THE FULL T&C’S (THIS WILL BE SUPPLIED IN HARD COPY WITH THE TICKETS)

T&C’s

Promotion known as: UK2USA 2010

Policies are as follows

WHO CAN ENTER?

· It’s open to all genres of music

· UK Based Bands

· Every Band member must be over 16 years of age

· Bands must be UNSIGNED

· Bands must be able to enter the States

· You must supply a base address and a couple of contact numbers (if not done so)

· You must display a poster on your myspace page

· You must add ALL your friends on facebook to our group (as we are having a wildcard semi final for any bands who do not make it through) – There will be a on-line voting element to this – so if you do not make it through this will become handy for you in the future

https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=260043825732&ref=ts

· THE BANDS ARE REQUIRED TO CONFORM TO ALL THE RULES AS SET OUT BY THE VENUE OR BY LAW, WE HAVE A 0% TOLERANCE OF UNDERAGE DRINKING AND DRUG MISS USE – ANY BANDS FOUND BREAKING ANY OF THESE RULES WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE SHOW AND IF A CRIMINAL ACT HAS BEEN COMMITED – THE POLICE WILL BE INFORMED.

TICKETS

· We require the band to sell 50 advanced tickets for each gig (there are 3 rounds including the final (if you qualify from each round) – dates are set out on Myspace www.myspace.com/uk2usamusic IF YOU CAN’T SELL 50 ADVANCED TICKETS THEN PLEASE DO NOT ENETR – WE DO NOT WANT BANDS PAYING OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKETS TO PLAY. Tickets must be sold and money returned two weeks after delivery date.

· The promoter has the right to refuse entry – please take note of the age requirements of each venue (16+) if not stated

· If your band splits up NO REFUNDS will be given – but the tickets will still be valid for the show

· If your band is unable to perform on the date allocated we will endeavour to give you a different slot. However the promoter’s decision is final on this matter. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN ON ADVANCED TICKETS

· No bands to be re-scheduled within 3 weeks of the gig

· Tickets are sent next day recorded delivery after postage has been paid (which will be taken off the ticket balance)

· Once the tickets are sent and signed for they are now the responsibility of the band – no other tickets will be issued. If you do not receive these tickets (after 7 days) drop us a email back to info@firstlightpromotions.com and we will investigate.

· Each ticket will have a serial ID number and the ticket is only valid for the show in question

· Any persons found to be counterfeiting tickets will be reported to the police and barred from any future projects.

· Ticket sales outside the venue are barred (all sales must be done prior to the event)

Running Order

· Bands will be informed of the times and kit to bring in advance of the show (normally a month prior to the gig) – Backline is normally supplied by ourselves

· Times may slightly change per venue / day of event. But below is the standard running order of the night

- Any change to this and the band will be informed.

5-30pm – BAND ARRIVES

6.00pm – DRAW IS MADE FOR RUNNING ORDER

6.15pm – SOUND CHECKS

7.30pm – 1ST BAND ON FOR LINE CHECKS

8.00PM – DOORS OPEN FOR THE PUBLIC

8.15PM – 1ST BAND STARTS

· Bands who are late may be given a time decided by the promoter

· Pre gig lists are sent via Myspace (not email) to bands – please send a reply to the MySpace message when read and understood

Jargon

The promoter means FIRST LIGHT PROMOTIONS LTD /// THE VENUE is the venue we choose and all house rules apply alongside any of our rules.

VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

POSTAGE:

Postage of the tickets is of course FREE however :

In relation to bands requesting tickets and then dropping out the next day we have come to the conclusion that they were never serious about playing in the first place – so if you are serious about playing we require you to send £10.00 postage and admin to PayPal : stagepassbadges@hotmail.co.uk / THIS PAYMENT OF £10.00 WILL BE TAKEN OFF YOUR TICKET BALANCE – SO POSTAGE WILL REMAIN FREE FOR ALL BANDS TAKING PART = PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL THE T&C’S BEFORE SENDING THIS (PLEASE ENSURE ALL BAND MEMBERS HAVE READ THE REQUIREMENTS)
THANKS UK2USA 2010
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: New Ways To Get Our Music Heard   New Ways To Get Our Music Heard I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:04 pm

That UK2USA thing sounds good. Ball ache about the ticket sales tho. If we got on the sheffield date we'd be able to do it tho i recon.
I like the idea of the facebook music thing for doncaster, we'll have to suss that on friday while were in the unit.
What time can everyone get down to the unit on friday? We don't have to be in Barnsley till bout 7.30 so we could get in there early on friday and get loads of stuff done, thoughts? I'm free all day.
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: New Ways To Get Our Music Heard   New Ways To Get Our Music Heard I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:07 pm

i'm free all day every day just gis a tinkle, let me know when everyone's up for doing something
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: New Ways To Get Our Music Heard   New Ways To Get Our Music Heard I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:13 pm

RecordLabelSubmit.com

follow that read it, should we do it? etc

i think it looks pretty reliable and professional, something worth looking in to etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ways To Get Our Music Heard   New Ways To Get Our Music Heard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Ways To Get Our Music Heard
Page 1 of 1