The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

song for the charts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
john

song for the charts Empty
PostSubject: song for the charts   song for the charts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:51 am

what do we think about getting a song up on line that is chart recognised and then promoing its arse off to get it into the top 40....... if we are up for it we will need a plan and we will all need to get behind it... what do we think
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: song for the charts   song for the charts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:28 am

when are you thinking of doing this? i think this year might be too soon for that especially if we're doing it ourselves, we've got a good few gigs already this year, MOHO, Holloways, prospect of this Twisted Wheel gig and not forgetting working with G2, so there's a lot of roads we can go down, there just my thoughts anyway, or maybe towards the last quarter of this year getting the ball in motion ready for the beginning of next year
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: song for the charts   song for the charts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:18 am

we can put a song up for download with a date say in october and all we need to do is get people to pre order it now, then when the date arrives all the downloads count on that date, yeh weve got stuff to aim for but we need to keep everything rolling forward
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: song for the charts   song for the charts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:31 pm

just been looking at rules of releasing songs for the chars etc

'Digital tracks are not permitted as instant gratification for the pre order of a single release.'

'If your release has digital formats you must ensure that these are registered at least
three weeks prior to the product being made available.'

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/chart_rules.php

i'm sure that putting up for pre-order now would violate the rules of a release as i think you're only allowed a certain number of weeks of pre-sale, otherwise everybody would be doing this to get in to the charts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: song for the charts   song for the charts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

song for the charts
Page 1 of 1