The Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unit

Forum for The Unit

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Band Names

Go down 
+2
Jamie
Admin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve

Steve

Band Names - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:30 am

ok, i think the (Something) Faces is good though, it's something that hasn't been around for awhile, or at least not heard very often
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:39 am

i do, its got some history behind it but its new in todays era...

i dont really like talking faces if im am honest lol

but as i said we need it for the article etc...

need the other 3 to get on the case
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:04 am

got the bio thing, i'm 20 lol and a little mistake 'Too Late To Escape' it says To Late, only spell but ya know
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:29 am

tut tut,, only picked up on the negatives like spelt to instead of too, what about the no mention of mcflang, lil nobjockey, emo squirells etc..... wait till you read the bio applying for the gaybar gigs,,,,,,

elephant
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:29 pm

I like the faces idea too, hmm
Dead Faces is a bit Goth but I quite like it.
My top 10 from the whole list are (in no order):

1.Dirty Faces
2.Dirty Magic
3.Dirty Habit
4.Bad Kicks
5.Five Deadly Venoms
6.Bad Company
7.Dead Mans Hand
8.Dead Faces
9.Billy Liar
10.Goodbye Charlie Bright

We need to come to a decision soon, especially with this whole magazine thing. We could do with having a chat about it on Saturday. Make a list of 10-15 you like and fetch it with you and then we’ll short list it to a handful and pick one. Got to bite the bullet sooner or later if were gonna do it.
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:34 pm

what ever name is chosen must be available as a domain name or it cant be used

i think we should stick to the faces idea and come up with something to work with it,,, what do you think matti ?
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:51 pm

well these spelling mistakes need to be sorted, we need to look proffessional etc

i ain't playing with no gays, we'd go down like a sack a shit, all they listen to is Lady Ga Ga and Britney Spears, and we'd probably lose Matty in the crowd
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:22 pm

but anyway back to The ... Faces

perhaps a fruit?

Melon Faces
Lemon Faces

or

Painting Faces
False Faces
Scattered Faces

other ideas

Little Voices
The Hours
The Boy With A Thorn In His Side
The Killing Fields
Shoplifters Of The World Unite
Twin Town
The Borrowers
Looks And Smiles
That Sinking Feeling
Good, Blonde & Others
Beat Generation
The Subterraneans
Big Sur
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:49 am

Steve wrote:
well these spelling mistakes need to be sorted, we need to look proffessional etc

i ain't playing with no gays, we'd go down like a sack a shit, all they listen to is Lady Ga Ga and Britney Spears, and we'd probably lose Matty in the crowd

is there any other minority group that you wont play to.... or are you just homophobic ?

I will remember to add it to the gig applications - NO GAYS ALLOWED

and whats wrong with lady gaga or britney ????

mcfly, lil chris, gaga etc you dont know good music when you hear it..

and like i said oasis dont mind nicking britneys stuff, bet there next song has poker face references in it as well, thats when they get back together again aftrer the " me and liam have thrown our teddys out " pr stunt lol
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:02 am

why does it have to be a pr stunt? was it pr stunt when the spice girls split? or when take that split?

thats the type of music gays like and we don't sound like lady ga ga, in that case we may as well start playing in primary schools and residential homes as well, big markets and audiences we're missing too
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:20 am

go and take a scense of humor pill..... cant you see that i am taking the piss about the gay market etc ????

as for pr stunts, you shouldnt believe all that you read most things are set up , there is too ( notice the spelling ) much money involved and contracts in place etc for things to be done without a bigger picture..

lets think about it laim and noel split up, they now form 2 bands, you now buy 2 songs, they have just doubled their income - simples

as for spice girls, different thing, their contracts were up, they grew out of the teeni market and wanted cock and babies etc just like girs aloud

where does the we dont sound like lady gaga come from lol.... but you have to admit oasis are the kings at ripping off other artists hooks , so take some of their influences , spice girls, sclub, cliff etc and use them

anyway, your not an oasis fan your an artist and a musician and you should appreciate all other artists and musicians who get up on stage and deliver, who write music, who sing etc etc cos you know how hard it is... your mind shouldnt be closed to other types of music you should be up for learning from anybody and everybody, people who are single minded dont get very far in this world, look at everything in a posative way and see whats in it for you, as I said oasis dont mind who they rip off .....
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 am

i'll rip off anything, but i'll rip off stuff thats good, not everything is a pr stunt, a lot of stuff might be but somethings are real too, i have this oasis book wrtitten by one of their ex managers who they sacked and just about everything around oasis is real, the whole sibling rivalry and that

how would they double their earnings if either one doesn't have hand in the other band?
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:44 am

they double their earnings because you buy liams bands song and he gets the cash and then you buy noels bands song and he gets the cash, you spend £1.50 where as now you only spend 75p on an oasis song......

no not everything is staged etc, but many things are pr stunts designed to keep everyone interested and talking about stuff.... ami whitehouse for example, why would her and her dad do a documentary about looking after ami or whatever it was called if all that drugs shit is that sensative and hurtfull to her and her family,,,,, if any of mine had a massive problem the last thing i would want is to stick it out there in a goldfish bowl for everyone to glare at,,,,, her drugs thing is a big selling point for her and makes her and her label a lot of money - dont believe the hype
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:30 am

the add lib club ( old venue in london )
twin faces
the two faces
the new faces - might be my favorite as it refers to the fact there was old faces
screwed up faces
barbies army
ken and barbies army
captain remus
rampant rodents
twisted faces
the four faces
mace in your face
danger face
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:42 am

I like "taxman" for a word in a band name cos it will make people look.

ban the taxman
shoot the taxman
drop the taxman
the taxman
tax the taxman
taxi for the taxman
hold the taxman
our favorite taxman
take down the taxman
drown the taxman
lock up the taxman
take out the taxman
text the taxman

our favorite marshan
churchills tank
friendly faces
isaacs faces
bens faces
the mighty faces
??????? wizards
friendly wizards
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 6:02 am

taxman's alright, reference to the beatles aswell
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:35 am

yeh it has a beatles ref.....

I am the taxman
we are the taxmen

its also the name of a well known hard man in middlesbrough ,,,,

stone the taxman
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:11 am

has anyone got anymore thoughts regarding names.....

is it the ??????? faces

or

?????? ??????? faces

I like the 3 word name something like ( but not ) the dirty pretty faces

we need to be seriously thinking about the name now and making some form of decision
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:57 am

the ????? faces is the best we've got so far, i'm not too keen on the 3 barrelled name, it's a difficult choice to make and it's gonna be even more difficult to find something that we all like
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:21 am

Temple System
Cosmic Faces
Cosmic Platform
Medieval Weather Statement
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:26 am

The White Lines
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:32 pm

the long faces
making faces
dirty long faces
Back to top Go down
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:34 am

not sure about long faces as i have a fairly long face. ha.

i am still feelin the faces idea, but the white lines is good. I think its difficult to settle on one name still. Its a difficult one.

J
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:13 am

there will already be a band called white lines i bet and the domain names will have gone as well....

the stone faces
the stoned faces
cliff and the faces

everyone should be concentrating on something faces cos we have all sort of said faces is good or we will be going round in circles

the round faces
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:09 am

the local faces
magic faces
friendly faces
foreign faces
the angry faces
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Names   Band Names - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band Names
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next